Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I have not had the time to write lately. I've been disgusted by George W. Bush. I mean, why isn't our country completely OUTRAGED that our President and Vice President testified in front of the 9/11 commission without benefit of OATH nor will we the American public ever know what really happened, how much was known. I've always felt fishy about the entire situation. I know there is a nefarious plot hatching somewhere involving GWB et al. Plus, I've been swamped with work, training new people...etc. Funny things that have happened lately:

Conductor aka: potty police.

The other morning I needed to utilize the rest room on board the NJ Transit North Jersey Coast train. I walk up, find the ONE car that hosts the toilet. Occupied, reads the red warning near the door handle. I knock. I hear nothing. I ask the gentleman sitting next to the door (why ANYONE would sit there is beyond me, unless you absolutely have to) He said no one was in there. The conductor goes by...a middle-aged heavy set Afro-American woman...which a voice like butta. She says, Sugar, where's your ticket.....I show her my reciept. She asks..Is someone in there...the bathroom. I answer that I am waiting....She loudly knocks on the door.....ARE YOU ALRIGHT IN THERE! a quiet male voice response, "I'm fine"

Another long stretch of time ticks on. Eventually, an impectibly dressed Red Skeleton look alike emerges. The conductor rushes him asking for his ticket....He said, LOOK. I just walked all the way up here from the LAST CAR (we are in the second car) WHY DONT YOU PEOPLE HAVE MORE TOILETS ON THIS TRAIN! Sir, says the conductor, if it where up to me, there would be a bathroom in EVERY CAR. But, its not up to me. (bythis time, me and the guy sitting next to the bathroom are beet red holding in our laughter...tears streaming down our eyes) The conductress move to the P. A. system and annouces. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, If you leave your seat to USE THE BATHROOM....please keep your ticket stub WITH YOU in PLAIN VIEW. Okay...I go into the rest room in and out...when I come out, the conductress asks me, "is everything alright" I say, Everything is Cool. She says EVERTHING WILL BE COOL...(i have no idea what that means) I tell her I enjoy the tone of her voice and it is very soothing in the morning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter