Sunday, July 18, 2004

Sunday Night in New York
 
I'm posting from Hampton Bays NY, still here at my brother's house.   Friday night, Bernie and I had a rare date, our first out to hear music.  We headed up to Asbury Park to  The Saint and unbelieveably, one of my favorite Indie bands, http://http://www.dadatheband.com/news/
was performing.  It was totally unexpected and awesome!   Bernie found out that one of his good friends, Rob Dye, will be playing at the Saint in August with Shannon McNally.  He actually plays all over Asbury Park.  Next week he'll be at the Wonder Bar at 4pm on Sunday. 
 
Early the next morning I drove up to Hampton Bays with my children, parents and brother Chris to visit with my youngest brother Tony and his wife Alma and their adorable son, Ronan.   
 
My brother took us out on his 20 ft Cobalt speedboat into Shinnecock Bay.  We anchored at a small island and swam around a bit.  The  water was very clear, sun hot.  It was really quite lovely.
 
So we've been relaxing, walking, visiting. eating all sorts of lovely food.  Its nice to be able to relax sometimes.  I found a set of interesting antique silver teaspoons at a little shop in town.  I took the kids to see Anchorman, which was a little to racey for kids, but ...oh well.
 
Tomorrow early I'll be taking the Montauk line back into NYC.
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter