Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Well, I have not been having a great stretch of days. Heating problems, plumbing problems, internet problems, hormonal problems, teenager problems.

Bernie took care of the heating and internet debacle. He is a wonderful friend. It must be great to have vast knowledge of all sorts of things. He is one well-rounded dude. I feel so helpless and totally clueless when it comes to household repair. Once I removed a lighting fixture and installed a new one. That was a big electrical triumph, if you ask me. I had to cut off the electrical zone and do the wiring...and it worked! Big Triumph, that.

The plumbing issues are just a mainstay of my domicle. They come and go with the seasons. Frozen leech fields and citronella ants....depending on the season....my dishwasher backs up into my shower and my bath water won't go down....BUT HEY...I have a roof over my head and HEAT!

I felt so badly for the myriad of homeless in Penn Station today keeping out of the cold. I cannot imagine what that might be like. I am devestated just walking 24 blocks. The cold is so cutting...oh man, I hate the thought. Why does it have to be COLD like THIS!!

Tomorrow, CBS Morning News is taping at Meetup. CNN was back in today...to interview Scott. Well...its all good.

Eventually it will warm up again...isn't there something called a JANUARY THAW?? When does THAT happen? My pipes need to thaw out.

Stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter