Monday, June 14, 2004

Very Popular out West.

I miss "The world beyond New York" Its been a while since I went anywhere. If memory serves, I think we drove to Florida for easter in 03. My Dad flew up and drove down with me because I didn't want to drive alone.

Its good to get away from the mighty east coast to get perspective on how the rest of the world lives. We live a charmed, excessive exsistance. Life just really isn't like we live it any where else.

Visiting Europe made me really appreciate the USA. As much as I love the lifestyle and culture, I felt the class system at play. I've always felt that here in America, everyone has the opportunity to be whatever they want to be, no matter who you are. If you want it bad enough there is a way to be it, get it...etc.

Our biggest sin is laziness.

This weekend I got really really sunburned. Last night I woke up around 3am in a panic...my skin was hurting so much...I felt nausea, pain so bad, I felt like I was going to break out in hives. I took 4 Advil, reapplied a ton of Aloe Vera and went back to sleep. Im glad that worked. I can function now. I thought I might not be able to go to work today...at 3am.

I'm reading Arabian Nights or One Thousand and One Nights. Im not sure who wrote it. Its a group of persian tales told by Sheharazade to her Sultan. She bought her life by telling stories for one thousand and one nights. Google Sheharazade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter