Friday, December 19, 2003

Its the Holiday Season!

I'm working from home today, and taking the train in later for the
Meetup Holiday Party.

This is the first of such events at Meetup that I have been able to finagle getting to. For those of you who do not know, I have a gaggle of geese (aka: children) at home about 65 miles south of Manhattan. I commute to Gotham every morning. Okay, no big deal, Moms and Dads have been doing the very same thing for decades. (or at least since NJ TRANSIT came into being) I wrestle with guilt on a daily basis, "well, MOM...I could have joined the BASKETBALL TEAM but YOU can't pick me up from PRACTICE..." that was my daily dose of guilt for this morning.

So okay, before I start beating myself with wet reeds, the windup is this: I arranged to actually GO to an afterhours event involving work. We host them all the time, but I never attend for obvious reason. bah!

Anyways...the children are arranged for the night and I am fully intending to have an enchanted evening.

It'll be fun. Bernie is meeting me on the train up a few stops after school (bernie is a teacher). Ingrid is meeting me at the club for a Fotolog gift exchange which will also be fun.

Well...gotta get to work (I love working from home, I get SO MUCH more done for some reason) And figure out what I am going to wear. I have no idea.
BLOG ON I say...Blog on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter