Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Whirlwinds

Sunday we were in attendance at the 100th annual Belmar St. Patricks Day parade. I just couldnt deal with the crowds, wind, cold...someone had the bright idea to duck into "Dom's Pizza King" for Green Pizza. It was horrible...albeit, green.

Monday Bernie and I attended my Grandmother's funeral in lovely Newton, NJ. I didn't feel sad at all. I guess because she was so old and really her quality of life was so deteriorated, it was a blesssing she passed on. Since I believe in Heaven...its a good thing. Although, we never really know until we die what lies beyond. I hope its good times!

Tuesday I went back to work. I was touched by the outpouring of kind thoughts and words from my co-workers regarding my grandmother's passing. They sent me an arrangement of flowers from my "Meetup Family" and a nice card. Really unexpected! Its great working for such caring people.

Wednesday TODAY...is my daughter pherrin's 15th birthday. Again, I have no money. I just checked my balance and I have $21.34 until the 15th. ARGHHH! This was a costly period. Bernie's birthday...monthly train ticket, overdue cable bill..ugh! I just don't know where the money goes, honestly. Lately..there just isn't enough to span the pay period. Well, its been a costly few weeks, lots of overdue bills needed to be paid from Christmas, etc.

Anyway, I have to figure out Pherrins party...they have an orthodontist appointment at 5pm. grrr. I don't know why I took that timeslot...I guess i thought I would come home from work early..but that makes NO SENSE. MUST FOCUS.

My dad and brother drove in from Florida and arrived on my doorstep after the burial yesterday. I have my dad sleeping on my couch...he won't accept a bedroom and my brother is sleeping on the floor. Oh yes. There is a guest apartment across the drive but my dad says its too cold to stay there. He doesnt like being alone....my mom is still up in Newton sorting out my grandmother's affects. This is going to be a helluva day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter