Thursday, May 27, 2004

I pretty much hate television and all that its about, I never watch...except for PBS.
Tonight I watched Frontline
The_Way_the_Music_Died
An interesting contrast and compare of the decline of art or the lack there of, the thing we call, "Pop Music".

A truly compelling point was made regarding the effect of music downloads (ie Napster, etc.) by one of the manager of OUTKAST...Michael Williams tells FRONTLINE, "I think that if the labels adjusted the game again, started putting out good records, quality records, the public will buy."

True. I used to buy tons of music, but honestly there has not been one interesting thing to buy since Mike Errico (exclusive to me) and hes not famous.

Other events of today:
I settled an ongoing court battle today. I could have continued to litigate, but I am not motivated by greed much to the shagrin of my attorney. I think he actually started to cry with anger. I don't have the stomach for litigation anymore. I received the number in my head from the start and as much as the case may be worth more, I simply do not care to persue with unnecessary court battles.

The oddest thing afterwards happened. The defendants attorney boarded the same train car as me on the Path. He told me how impressed he was with my attorney, how bright and what a good lawyer he is. And he is...in fact he (the defendants councel) was definately out-lawyered. Kevin was drooling to take this to trial. But I just dont have it in me. I just dont.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter